• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GrenadierSchube

Colonel
66 Badges
Nov 30, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
I have decided since other multi player games have posted here, I might as well post here excerpts from the Presidential Diaries throughout the years, when significant and important events occur. Once a week you can expect an update, this game is Specifically played with NO modifications and PURE vanilla, so you can all see what the game is like without the editing....and how it all works together. Any request of screens will be added.

The Year is 1858, I think.

The Nations:
1. AI (Available) - United Kingdom
2. AI (Available) - Columbia
3. Olchardwell - Spain
4. theebum - Prussia
5. rotarr - France
6. KenG - Japan
7. Marquis_de_Sade - Two Sicilies
8. Rastous - Russia
9. Phase - Belgium
10. AI (Available) - Sweden
11. GrenadierSchube - USA
12. Enabran - Austria
13. VonOstman- Brazil
14. Rambo - China

I will also try to remember a world map photo, but at the moment Phase has been doing those, I simply have been reporting the views of various Presidents over all issues they see as relevant to the USA.

Last edited:
To The Nations of the World

The Americans will remember what is told and done by any nation with regards to expansion in the North or South American Nations. unless you already have already established a legitimate government, have territory, or colonies in this sphere of the world, the USA would like to request the other nations not currently holding land in the Americas to keep their empire hunger hands away That being said we are willing to enter talks with any nations from any part of the globe.

To the Mexican Ambassador,
Good day sir of the Mexican Empire of Santa Anna, it is in our most sincere apologies that we must insist that Texas either remain independent nation or simply let us take control since it seems that most of the rebels are willing to join the United States as "Texas". With that being said we shall watch and wait till further notice...

Sincerely
Secretary of State
Andrew Jackson

So Far I have found nothing wrong with the negotiations thus far of any nation. The USA has already laid claim to its manifest destiny and will probably officially declare it later in the game. Our intentions to expand in the Americas will be very limited, nor does it wish to be involved in South America unless it is approached otherwise, though we are willing to make negotiations anytime with any issues. With regards to colonization ours will be limited as well, mostly to establish a small presence within the region of the Pacific in Indonesia and small island chains. but for the most part we wish to populate our home country with a new generation and expand from sea to shining sea. With regards to Africa and mainland Asia we have no interests. The affairs that occur else where are not our concern unless we are forced into the conflict to prevent an overthrow of the balance of power. That being said we hope that the world can grow and prosper together.

Sincerely,

Andrew Jackson, Secretary of State USA Affairs Office

An excerpt from the Diary of Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson

During the 2nd Mexican Cession War the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, South/North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee made their move to secede from the Union. They Created and formed the short lived Confederate States of America. In a matter of less than 6 months though this rebellion was utterly annihilated with those being responsible hanged in the US court of law. What was discovered in the Confederate capital of New Orleans not only shocked myself and many of the other Southern Gentlemen who did not secede was the telegraphs and support directly coming from our enemies in the south, Mexico. How was it possible that while fighting the war in the west that they instigated a civil war in our nation? Once the ledger was found there was no more questioning how or when it happened. Since 1840 the Southern States had been bidding their time to secede. It turned out not until this year did the Mexican Government agree to support this rebellion in exchange for every piece of US soil west of the Mississippi. In a rage of fury our President Ulysses S. Grant delivered the most passionate and expression-ate speech ever received to congress. He made the point quite loud and clear to what was going to occur next....Mexico will pay, pay so dearly they will never mess with the USA domestic affairs ever again. I have been given command of the Southern Army and will do my duty to my country in defeating these obnoxious and pestering farmers....

Last edited:
Excerpt from President Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson's Diary

As I addressed our nations Congress and people I was simply amazed at the feats and pushes made across the globe as my time as a General in the army. The backstabbing Mexicans were finally subdued and brought to justice, the irony is that rebellions rose up all over Mexico and actually aided us, seemingly to prefer rule under our great flag than Santa Anna, even now what remains after the peace treaty, the rebels are close to securing victory over the government.
usaafterwars.jpg

In South America, the Venezuelans, after a terrorist attack on Colombian miners, declared their intent on expanding their influence into Colombia, who could not let this happen, and armed every available young adult to old man in defense of the country, I sent the entire US Navy to aide our southern brothers in this adventure, the war is ongoing. The Brazilian/Peru War ended long before then with Brazil annexing a central state effectively cutting Peru in half so it too now holds a base of operations from sea to shining sea.

SouthAmericanconflicts.jpg

What Amazed me the most though was the wars fought in Europe and in Asia, since Asia is little of no importance to us at the moment we focused mostly on the European mainland. I personally sent delegates to the government of the Two Sicilies who have finally gain the blessing of Austria to unite the Italian Minor states, but to what will happen with Lombardy the question is still at hand. By a fluke of bad luck the NGF peaced out of a four way war between France, Spain, Austria, and Russia. Russia acquiring parts of Turkey, which we thought were suppose to be returned to the ottomans, France gaining land in Africa. The Germans seemed offended and hurt by the treachery of the Austrians in this war but hopefully relations will be repaired. Then finally came Belgium. Their war with the Netherlands, with Mother France aiding, caught the attention of the powerful British who dispatched massive fleets all across the globe to "contain Belgian aggression", we did not see a need for this but apparently our cousins from across the sea thought otherwise.

europe.jpg

Understanding all of this and with the years to come I wonder to myself where will we be in the Future, what stances will we make? Time will only tell, so far few European nations have shown friendship or kindness to the USA, though the few that have will be remembered....

President Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson
Hero of the Battle of El Paso
Victorious leader of the Great Campaign for freedom
Loved by some, feared by some, but Respected by all

I still hate that ugly canada green :D ha Damn belgium aggressors :mad: Beating on poor netherlands like that. Its interesting to see whats up in the americas after all the time i spend ingame staring at Europe haha.

Excerpt from President Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson's Diary

Another Term has come and gone for myself and fellow democrats, it has exceeded our wildest dreams in terms of unification and defeating the UK madness. First The overall political situation is good, after a coup was staged in the UK, we found ourselves in a state of war of containment by them, the war was only fought in Southern Mexico state of Yucatan with no territory lost or prestige, since the intervention of the French was so welcomed, the British SA colony was granted to the French as well as the removal of Canada from British Satellite.

Americaaftermexicancession.jpg

Brazil.jpg

Immediately two years after Canada's Freedom, I called a meeting of the joint chiefs and laid out the plans for what was desired...the union of Canada under the American flag. It will contribute greatly to the needs and desires of the people we serve, this will be a war of union if anything. Once under the rule of this gracious democracy, they will understand it was for their benefit for we can make them rich beyond their wildest dreams and bring freedom to all as we intend to.

canadianwarwesternFront.jpg

CanadianWareasternfront.jpg

Colombia had acquired all of Venezuela except for the capital province that was to remain as a neutral state in the region until it was requested by the Colombian people to join with this state to offer some protection after so many years of hardships. Finally, the Panama Canal was created in a small province in northern Colombia.
Colombia.jpg

With that i leave other news alone, as Europe has yet to be worth stepping onto the stage to talk but we have been concerned with the NFG - Russia conflicts and the Race for Italian Unification continues...hopefully these two nations will one day get their respected rights and form but until then we watch and wait...

President Andrew Jackson
Second Term, June 6th 1866

Diary of President Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson

Date: June 8th 1866

With this year coming to a close I begin to wonder to myself where my great nation will go. We have purged the rebellious Mexicans in the south and incorporated them entirely into the Union, one day they will become so like us that we can claim the territory as our cores. To the west we have reached the sea and began a massive industrial movement to increase our production rates of all types of resources as well as support all means of defense if needed. To the North the War of Union is continuing without much of a problem, Canada will join the US and seems to not be putting up much of a fight to deter this from occurring.

In South America we have helped contain any major European movement for re-colonization regarding any of the Latin Republics, Brazil and Colombia are both powerful allies willing to fight back in any case of "containment" wars. The French have expanded their only colony to include the British and Dutch colonies into one, due to the British and Dutch wars that brought us to confrontation,

With the Homestead Act and Statue of Liberty we are attracting immigrants from across the world, well over 60k a month are they streaming into our shores. But all is well as most of them wish to be part of the Army of Freedom in America. Others are rushing south to join the major industrialization of old Mexico where a good amount of the factories have established themselves and are mass producing expensive consumer goods that are in demand world wide.

The constant bickering of the European Powers is worrisome, as both the Russians and Germans have repeatedly bumped heads when it comes to spheres of influences and taking of weaker nations colony's. The Japanese, having finally civilized, joined the table and set about creating a Greater nation to govern the weaker ones in Asia. While the French seem content with aiding in a conflict if it involves the British trying to contain others, while securing small amounts for themselves as well.

But the overall situation of my nation is grand. From the tiny spec of nothing we were in 1836 to 30 years of war and expansion we have secured a great position of power and respect on the world stages, though it is only the beginning I fear where certain paths will take us and what will happen in the years to come in this world....

President Andrew "Stonewall" Jackson
Expansionist, Idealist, Revolutionist

soooo over 1k views and im feeling a bit stalked or i did a horrific job o_O haha

Quite the opposite! I think you did a great job, both at conveying "Stonewall's" meglomania/ambition/hard work, and hopes for distant Europa...

Plus, that US is a thing of beauty. :D

Edit: Awww, no /strike? I was hoping to strikethrough meglomania and ambition...

Last edited:
Date: Late 1871

Diary of President William T. Sherman writes....

In the later part of 1871, I took my family and most senior executives out to an estate of a friends where a decently sized creek flows ever so softly through his ranch. The fields are plentiful, the aroma is delightful, and most of all it is far from reaching eyes and ears of the press. The last few years were a disaster for the Democratic Party, who consecutively lost elections to the Republican party who utterly destroyed the economy for a while, while enacting a "Laissez" style economy. Since my election though....here is the growth in some areas along with other industrial plans through out the American Union.
Factorylist.jpg
Factorylist2.jpg
Newyorkfactorys.jpg

The war of italian unification was a huge event that involved the Italian states, France, and the NGF against China, Russia, and Austria. The war was fought all over the world including in the Italian Colonies established in India and china. The largest confrontations though were those in Central Europe through out German and Austrian lands.
FranceItalianFront.jpg

Finally though with our policies in store we were able to finally unite most of North America under the one nation with states established all over the continent except in the final province of Canada. Soon though this will be accomplished and we shall see where the world takes us from there.
Lastofthecanadians.jpg

Quite the opposite! I think you did a great job, both at conveying "Stonewall's" meglomania/ambition/hard work, and hopes for distant Europa...

Plus, that US is a thing of beauty. :D

Edit: Awww, no /strike? I was hoping to strikethrough meglomania and ambition...

haha the USA only gets involved in the Euro show to keep the peace at the moment, the war of italian unification we just said we would have to step in if peace couldnt be achieved. :rolleyes:

This is a neat AAR , all of what I am hearing about the game makes me want to buy it...after patch 1.2. Keep it up!

thanks! yeah its pretty fun on vanilla, i myself made a copy of the game to enjoy the finer moments by fixing the rebel problem and adding a mod. my single player game is much more manageable without rebels every year :)

haha it was fun sadly this game has ended i suggest anyone whose interested join up our new game here.

overall after the great Italian War of Unification, the world got dull and the only 6 regular majors showed.

Gears of a Nation 2